ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Thu Jun 24 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Disorganized shower and thunderstorm activity continues to the east
of a small area of low pressure located about 200 miles east of
Barbados. Increasing upper-level winds are likely to prevent
further development of this system during the next couple of days
while it moves west-northwestward at about 10 mph. This disturbance
could produce increased shower activity and some gusty winds when it
moves across the Lesser Antilles on Friday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A strong tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa
later today. Although ocean temperatures are still relatively cool
over the tropical Atlantic Ocean and are only marginally conducive
for development, a small tropical depression could form by early
next week while moving westward to west-northwestward at about 15
mph across the tropical eastern and central Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.