ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Thu Oct 8 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Norbert, located several hundred miles south-southwest
of Manzanillo, Mexico.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low
pressure located more than 1000 miles southwest of the southern tip
of the Baja California peninsula have changed little in organization
today. However, environmental conditions appear conducive for
further development, and a tropical depression is likely to form
during the next few days while the low drifts northwestward through
this evening, and then turns westward by Friday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure centered about 700 miles southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula is producing
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development, if any, will be
slow to occur over the next couple of days. By late this weekend,
conditions are expected to become unfavorable for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.