ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Sun Oct 4 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on recently
downgraded Tropical Storm Marie, located over the western part of
1. Showers and thunderstorms are still showing signs of organization
in association with an area of low pressure located several hundred
miles south of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for additional development, and a
tropical depression will likely form during the next day or two
while the system drifts northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure has formed a few hundred miles
south-southeast of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Some slight
development of this system is possible over the next couple of
days while it moves slowly northward. Upper-level winds are
forecast to become unfavorable for development by Thursday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.