ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Sep 12 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Paulette and Tropical Storm Rene, both located over the
central Atlantic Ocean. The National Hurricane Center is also
issuing advisories on Tropical Depression Nineteen, located near
1. A surface trough over the north-central Gulf of Mexico is producing
disorganized showers and a few thunderstorms. Some slow
development of this system is possible while it moves westward and
then southwestward over the northern and western Gulf of Mexico
through the middle of next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles
southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing a large area of
disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Development of this system
is forecast, and a tropical depression is expected to form within
the next couple of days while the system moves generally westward
at 15 to 20 mph across the eastern and central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
3. Another area of disturbed weather, associated with a tropical wave,
is located near the Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions
support some development during the next few days, and a tropical
depression could form over the far eastern tropical Atlantic early
next week while the system moves slowly westward. By mid-week,
upper-level winds could become less conducive for development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Nineteen are issued under
WMO header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Nineteen are issued
under WMO header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.