ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Mon Aug 31 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories newly formed
Tropical Depression Fifteen, located about 175 miles
south-southwest of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have increased this evening in association
with a broad area of low pressure over the central Caribbean Sea.
However, satellite-derived winds indicated earlier today that there
is no closed circulation. Environmental conditions are expected to
gradually become more conducive for development, and a tropical
depression is likely to form during the next couple of days while
the system moves westward at 15 to 20 mph. Interests in Jamaica,
northern Nicaragua, Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and the Yucatan
peninsula should monitor the progress of this disturbance.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of Africa in a
day or so. Gradual development of this system will be possible
through the end of the week while it moves slowly westward over the
far eastern tropical Atlantic Ocean.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.