ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Aug 29 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The Weather Prediction Center has issued its last advisory on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Laura, located inland over northeastern
1. A tropical wave located about 550 miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Some
gradual development of this system is possible during the next
several days while it moves westward at about 15 mph toward the
Lesser Antilles. Regardless of development, this system will likely
produce gusty winds and locally heavy rainfall across portions of
the Windward and Leeward Islands on Sunday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Another tropical wave is located over the eastern Atlantic Ocean
just southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands. This system is expected
to move very slowly for the next several days, and some development
is possible early next week over the eastern or central tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
Public Advisories issued by the Weather Prediction Center on
Post-Tropical Cyclone Laura can be found under AWIPS header
TCPAT3, WMO header WTNT33 KWNH, and on the web at
https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov and https://www.hurricanes.gov.