ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Aug 20 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Genevieve, located offshore the southwestern coast of the
Baja California peninsula.
1. A broad area of low pressure has formed several hundred miles
southwest of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Conditions appear
favorable for some slow development of this system, and a tropical
depression could form by the middle of next week while it moves
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is likely to form south of the Gulf of
Tehuantepec early next week. Some slow development of this system
is possible thereafter while it drifts northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.