ZCZC HFOTWOCP ALL
TTAA00 PHFO DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS Central Pacific Hurricane Center Honolulu HI
800 AM HST Sun Aug 16 2020
For the central North Pacific...between 140W and 180W:
1. An area of low pressure about 700 miles south of Honolulu, Hawaii
is producing persistent showers and thunderstorms, but the system
still lacks significant organization. Environmental conditions are
expected to be marginally conducive for gradual development over
the next couple of days as the system moves toward the west near
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An elongated area of low pressure about 800 miles southwest of
Honolulu, Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are not expected to be
conducive for further development as the system moves toward the
west near 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low..20 percent.
Elsewhere, no tropical cyclones are expected during the next 5 days.