ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Tue Sep 17 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Humberto, located more than 500 miles west of Bermuda.
1. A small low pressure system is located about 1000 miles east of the
Lesser Antilles. The associated shower and thunderstorm activity has
increased and become a little better organized this morning, and
conditions are expected to be conducive for the formation of a
tropical depression during the next day or so while the system moves
slowly northwestward to west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Shower activity associated with a broad area of low pressure located
over the northwestern Gulf of Mexico near the central Texas coast
has changed little in organization. However, some slight development
is still possible before the system moves inland along the
northwestern Gulf coast later tonight or early Wednesday. Regardless
of development, this disturbance is expected to produce areas of
very heavy rainfall and possible flash flooding along the coastal
regions of southwestern Louisiana and central and upper Texas
tonight and Wednesday, and over eastern Texas and western Louisiana
on Thursday. For additional information, see products issued by your
local weather forecast office and the Weather Prediction Center.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.