ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Mon Sep 9 2019
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Gabrielle, located over the north-central Atlantic Ocean.
1. A weak area of low pressure, associated with a tropical wave,
continues to produce disorganized showers and thunderstorms
about midway between the Cabo Verde Islands and the Windward
Islands. Some slow development of this system is possible during the
next two or three days before upper-level winds become unfavorable
for tropical cyclone formation. This system is expected to move
generally westward across the tropical Atlantic Ocean for the next
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.
2. Disorganized cloudiness and showers located a few hundred miles
north and northeast of the Greater Antilles are associated with a
surface trough interacting with an upper-level low. Little to no
development of this system is expected during the next day or two
while the system moves west-northwestward, north of the Greater
Antilles. Environmental conditions could become a little more
conducive for development when the disturbance moves near the
Bahamas and Florida late this week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.