ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Sun Aug 18 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An elongated area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
south of Guatemala and southeastern Mexico is producing disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. However, environmental conditions are
forecast to become more conducive for development during the next
couple of days, and a tropical depression is expected to form by
Tuesday or Wednesday while the low moves west-northwestward at about
10 mph parallel to the coast of Mexico. Moisture associated with
this disturbance could produce heavy rainfall and possible flash
flooding across portions of Guatemala and southeastern Mexico during
the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A well-defined low pressure system located more 900 miles southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to
produce a large area of cloudiness and thunderstorms. Environmental
conditions are expected to gradually improve, and a tropical
depression could form during the next few days while the system
moves westward to west-northwestward at about 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.