ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sun Aug 11 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Thunderstorm activity has become more concentrated near the center
of a small low pressure system located a few hundred miles south of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Satellite images
also indicate that the low is gradually becoming better defined. If
this recent development trend continues, then advisories could be
initiated on a tropical depression or a tropical storm later tonight
while the disturbance moves generally west-northwestward, away from
the coast of Mexico. Environmental conditions are expected to become
unfavorable for significant development by early Tuesday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. An area of disturbed weather located about 1000 miles southwest of
the Baja California peninsula remains disorganized. Environmental
conditions are expected to become gradually more conducive for
tropical cyclone formation by the middle of the week while the
system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.