ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sat Sep 8 2018
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Florence, located over the central Atlantic Ocean, on Tropical
Storm Helene, located roughly a couple of hundred miles east-
southeast of the Cabo Verde Islands, and on Tropical Depression
Nine, located over the eastern Atlantic.
1. A trough of low pressure is generating disorganized showers over the
western Atlantic near Bermuda. Significant development of this
system is unlikely due to increasingly strong upper-level winds
over the next few days while the trough moves little.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. A non-tropical area of low pressure is forecast to form in the
northeastern Atlantic Ocean several hundred miles west-southwest of
the Azores in a few days. Some slow tropical or subtropical
development is possible by the middle of next week while the low
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under
WMO header WTNT34 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT4.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Nine are issued under WMO
header WTNT24 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT4.