ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sun Aug 5 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Hector, located well east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii, and
on Tropical Depression Eleven-E, located south of Puerto Escondido,
1. An elongated area of low pressure location about 900 miles southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to
produce a large area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions appear favorable for development, and a
tropical depression is expected to form within the next day or
two while this system moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Satellite images indicate that the low pressure area located about
400 miles southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, has become better defined,
and a tropical depression appears to be forming. If the current
development trend continues, advisories will likely be issued this
afternoon or evening on this system. The low is forecast to move
slowly northwestward off the southwest coast of Mexico during the
next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...near 100 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.