ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sat Jun 30 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Emilia, located several hundred miles west-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Satellite data indicate that the disturbance associated with a broad
area of low pressure located several hundred miles southwest of
Acapulco, Mexico has not developed a well-defined center yet.
However, conditions remain quite favorable for a tropical depression
or tropical storm to form well south of the coast of Mexico later
today or Sunday. Additional information on this system can be found
in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the far eastern Pacific
Ocean this weekend. Development of this system, if any, will occur
early next week while it moves westward south of Central America and
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02 KWBC, and on
the web at http://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.shtml.