ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Sat Jun 30 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Emilia, located several hundred miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Although the shower activity associated with a broad area of low
pressure located several hundred miles southwest of Acapulco, Mexico
appears to be organized, there is no evidence of a well-defined
center yet. Conditions remain quite favorable for a tropical
depression or a storm to form well south of the coast of Mexico
later today or Sunday. Additional information on this system can be
found in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move over the far eastern Pacific
Ocean this weekend. Development of this system, if any, will occur
early next week while it moves westward south of Central America and
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02 KWBC, and on
the web at http://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.shtml.