ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Fri Jun 29 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Emilia, located several hundred miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. While shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a broad area
of low pressure located several hundred miles south of Acapulco,
Mexico, continues to show signs of organization, visible satellite
imagery indicates that the system does not yet have a well-defined
center. However, environmental conditions are forecast to be
conducive for development, and a tropical depression or storm is
likely to form during the next day or so well south of the coast of
Mexico. Additional information on this system can be found in High
Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move into the far eastern Pacific
Ocean this weekend. Some gradual development of this system is
possible early next week while it moves westward to west-
northwestward south of Central America and Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather Service can be
found under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02 KWBC, and on
the web at http://ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.shtml.