ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Mon Jun 25 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Daniel, located several hundred miles west-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. An elongated area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
south of Manzanillo, Mexico, is producing limited shower activity
over a broad area. Development of this system is becoming less
likely, and this disturbance is expected to merge with a low
pressure area approaching from the east in a couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. Shower activity associated with a broad low pressure area located
about 500 miles south of eastern Mexico has become a little better
organized during the last 24 hours. Environmental conditions are
expected to steadily become more conducive for development, and a
tropical depression is likely to form later this week while the
system moves generally westward, well south of the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
3. A tropical wave is expected to move out of the Caribbean Sea and
into the eastern Pacific by Tuesday or Wednesday. Some subsequent
development of this system is expected, and a tropical depression
could form south of Central America or the Gulf of Tehuantepec by
the end of this week while the system moves westward at 15 to 20
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.