ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Sat Jul 15 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Fernanda, located well to the southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California peninsula.
1. Shower activity associated with a broad low pressure system centered
a couple of hundred miles south of Acapulco, Mexico, has changed
little. Environmental conditions are forecast to be somewhat
conducive for gradual development during the next few days, and a
tropical depression could form by early next week while the system
moves slowly toward the west-northwest at 5 to 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Disorganized cloudiness and showers located several hundred miles
southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, are associated with a trough of low
pressure. Development, if any, is expected to be slow to occur as
the system moves slowly west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.