ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT FRI AUG 26 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Lester, located several hundred miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms have become more organized over the last
day in association with a broad area of low pressure located about
1500 miles east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for development, and if
current trends continue a tropical depression is likely to form
later today or on Saturday as low moves westward or
west-northwestward at about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent
2. An area of low pressure could form early next week several hundred
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Some subsequent development of this system is possible
as it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent