ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 PM EDT Mon Oct 3 2022
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
Showers and thunderstorms continue to increase today near a broad
area of low pressure located a few hundred miles southwest of the
Cabo Verde Islands. Environmental conditions are conducive for
further development, and a tropical depression is likely to form
in a day or two. Further development should become less likely
late this week due to increasing upper-level winds. The system is
forecast to move generally northwestward over the eastern tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. East of the Windward Islands:
A tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the southern
Windward Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Slow development is possible during the next several
days while the wave moves generally westward at 15 to 20 mph,
reaching the Windward Islands and the eastern Caribbean Sea by
midweek and the western Caribbean over the weekend. Interests in
the Windward Islands should monitor the progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.