ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sat Aug 28 2021
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Ida, located over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico, and on newly
formed Tropical Depression Ten, located over the central tropical
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an elongated area of low
pressure located over the central Atlantic has become a little
better organized overnight. Environmental conditions are
expected to be only marginally conducive for further development.
However, a tropical depression could still form wtihin the next
couple of days. By midweek, the system is forecast to be absorbed
by a frontal system. The disturbance is expected to drift eastward
through today, then accelerate northeastward Sunday toward the
central north Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave is expected to emerge off the coast of west Africa
by the middle of next week. Thereafter, environmental conditions
appear somewhat conducive for gradual development toward the end of
next week as the system moves west-northwestward to northwestward at
10 to 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...50 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under WMO
header WTNT35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPAT5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Ten are issued under
WMO header WTNT25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMAT5.