ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Tue Jul 21 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
1. A tropical wave is producing a large area of disorganized showers
and thunderstorms over western Cuba, the northwestern Bahamas,
southern Florida, and the adjacent Atlantic and Caribbean
waters. Gradual development of this system is possible while it
moves west-northwestward during the next few days. This system is
expected to move over the southeastern Gulf of Mexico later today,
the central Gulf on Wednesday, and the northwestern Gulf on
Thursday and Friday. An Air Force Reserve Hurricane Hunter aircraft
is scheduled to investigate the system this afternoon, if
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. Showers and thunderstorms have become better organized in
association with a low pressure system located about midway between
the west coast of Africa and the Lesser Antilles. Environmental
conditions are expected to be somewhat conducive for development,
and a tropical depression could form during the next day or two
while the low moves westward at around 10 mph over the tropical
Atlantic. By the weekend, however, less favorable conditions
should limit additional development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.