ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Sun Sep 3 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Gert, located over the central subtropical Atlantic, and
Tropical Storm Katia, located over the eastern subtropical Atlantic.
1. Central Tropical Atlantic (AL95):
A tropical wave located several hundred miles southwest of the Cabo
Verde Islands is producing a large area of shower and thunderstorm
activity. This system has become better organized since yesterday,
and environmental conditions appear conducive for further
development this week. A tropical depression is likely to form
around midweek while the system moves westward to west-northwestward
at 15 to 20 mph over the central and western portions of the
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...80 percent.
2. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave over western Africa is forecast to move offshore in
a few days. Environmental conditions could support some slow
development starting midweek while the wave moves to the west-
northwestward at about 15 mph over the far eastern tropical
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...20 percent.