ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 AM EDT Sat Aug 26 2023
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Franklin, located a couple of hundred miles east of the Turks
and Caicos Islands.
1. Northwestern Caribbean Sea and Eastern Gulf of Mexico (AL93):
Shower and thunderstorm activity continues to show signs of
organization in association with an area of low pressure over the
northwestern Caribbean Sea. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for further development of this system during the next
several days, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this
weekend or early next week while it moves generally northward over
the eastern Gulf of Mexico. Interests in the Yucatan Peninsula of
Mexico, western Cuba, and Florida should monitor the progress of
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...90 percent.
2. Central Tropical Atlantic (AL92):
Disorganized showers and thunderstorms continue in association with
a broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles
east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands. Environmental
conditions could become more conducive for development over the
weekend, and a tropical depression could form early next week while
the system moves generally northwestward over the central
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...40 percent.
3. Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave is forecast to move off the west coast of Africa
early next week. Some slow development of this system is possible
during the latter part of next week while the system moves westward
across the eastern tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...20 percent.