ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sun Jun 25 2023
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Off the Southwestern Coast of Mexico:
An elongated trough of low pressure located several hundred miles
south of the southwestern coast of Mexico continues to produce a
large area of showers and thunderstorms. This activity remains
disorganized, but environmental conditions still appear generally
favorable for gradual development of this broad system. A tropical
depression is likely to form during the middle part of this week as
the system moves generally west-northwestward, parallel to the
southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...high...80 percent.
2. South of Southern Mexico:
An area of low pressure is expected to form over the next day or so
several hundred miles south of El Salvador, Guatemala, and southern
Mexico. Some gradual development of this system is possible
thereafter, and a tropical depression could form during the middle
to latter part of this week while it moves slowly
west-northwestward, remaining offshore of the southern and
southwestern coasts of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...50 percent.