ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Fri Aug 20 2021
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Hurricane Grace, located over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, is
forecast to move inland over mainland Mexico by early Saturday
morning and dissipate over Mexico by early Sunday. However, Grace's
remnants are expected to continue moving westward and emerge over
the eastern Pacific Ocean off the west-central coast of Mexico early
Sunday. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive for
development, and a tropical depression is likely to form late this
weekend or early next week while the system moves westward at 10 to
15 mph away from the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form offshore of the coast of
southern Mexico early next week. Environmental conditions are
expected to be conducive for some gradual development thereafter
while the system moves west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, near or
just offshore of the southwestern coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.