ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Mon Aug 17 2020
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center has issued the last advisory on
Tropical Depression Fausto, located about 1000 miles west of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula. Advisories are being
issued on Hurricane Genevieve, located about 250 miles
south-southwest of of Zihuatanejo, Mexico.
1. A small area of showers and thunderstorms over the far southwestern
portion of the Eastern Pacific basin are associated with the remnant
low of Tropical Depression Ten-E. Environmental conditions do not
appear conducive for significant development and regeneration of
this system is not expected while it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form later this week several
hundred miles west of the southwestern coast of Mexico. Conditions
appear favorable for some development of this system while it
meanders over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.