ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Thu Aug 15 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. An elongated area of low pressure located more than 1500 miles
west-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula
is producing a small area of showers and a few thunderstorms.
Environmental conditions do not appear conducive for significant
development of this system while it moves westward at 10 to 15 mph
during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form south of the coasts of
El Salvador, Guatemala, and southeastern Mexico over the weekend.
Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual
development of the low while it moves slowly westward early
next week. Regardless of development, moisture associated with
this system is forecast to produce heavy rainfall and possible
flash flooding across portions of Central America through early
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.