ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Thu Oct 18 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles
south of the southern coast of Mexico has changed very little in
organization during the past several hours. Environmental
conditions are expected to become more favorable for development
in a day or two, and a tropical depression is likely to form over
the weekend or early next week while the system moves generally
westward or west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph, offshore the coast
of southwestern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Shower and thunderstorm activity associated with a small low
pressure system located just south of Guatemala has become more
organized over the past few hours. Some additional development of
this system is possible and a tropical depression could form during
the next few days while it moves slowly westward or
west-northwestward near the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.