ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Tue Jul 31 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a low pressure system
located about 850 miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the
Baja California Peninsula have continued to become better organized
over the past several hours. If current trends continue, then a
tropical depression or a tropical storm is likely to form later
today or on Wednesday while the system moves westward to
west-northwestward at around 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred miles
south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec late this week. Gradual development
of this system is possible thereafter as it moves west-northwestward
off the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.