ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sun Aug 13 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Jova, located several hundred miles west-northwest of
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located a few hundred miles
south-southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, are associated with a trough
of low pressure. Environmental conditions are forecast to gradually
become more conducive for development, and a tropical depression
could form late this week while the system moves slowly westward to
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred
miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico, in a few days. Although
environmental conditions are forecast to be generally conducive for
development, the system's proximity to the disturbance to the east
could inhibit the chances of formation. The low is forecast to move
slowly westward later this week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.