ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Thu Jul 20 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Fernanda, located more than a thousand miles east of Hilo,
Hawaii, on Tropical Storm Greg, located several hundred miles south-
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula, and
on Tropical Depression Eight-E, located more than a thousand miles
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms centered about 600 miles south of
Manzanillo, Mexico, are showing some signs of organization in
association with a broad low pressure system. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for development of this
system while it moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to 15
mph, and a tropical depression is expected to form well southwest of
Mexico over the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Disorganized cloudiness and showers in the far eastern Pacific
near and west of Central America are associated with a tropical
wave. Environmental conditions are forecast to become increasingly
favorable for development, and a tropical depression could form by
early next week while the system moves west-northwestward at 10 to
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.