ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT WED SEP 7 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on recently
downgraded Tropical Storm Newton, located inland over the Mexican
state of Sonora.
1. An area of low pressure located about 1000 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to produce
disorganized shower activity. Development of this system is
becoming less likely to occur as it moves northward and then
northwestward during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent
2. A tropical wave located well south of Acapulco, Mexico, is producing
cloudiness and disorganized showers. A low pressure system is
expected to form from this wave in a couple of days several hundred
miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Slow development of this
system is possible, and a tropical depression could form over the
weekend while the low moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent