ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Thu Aug 4 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. Offshore of Southern Mexico:
A tropical wave is producing a broad area of disorganized showers
and thunderstorms several hundred miles off the coasts of Guatemala
and southern Mexico. An area of low pressure is expected to form
well south of southern Mexico during the next day or so in
association with this feature. Environmental conditions appear
conducive for subsequent development, and a tropical depression is
likely to form by this weekend. The system is forecast to move
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph over the weekend and into early
next week, remaining well offshore of the coast of southern Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Well Southeast of the Main Hawaiian Islands:
Another area of low pressure could form over the far western portion
of the eastern Pacific basin by this weekend. Some gradual
development of this system is possible thereafter while it moves
westward toward and into the central Pacific basin early next week.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.