ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Wed May 25 2022
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. South of the Gulf of Tehuantepec:
Showers and thunderstorms are beginning to show some signs of
organization in association with a surface trough located a few
hundred miles south of the Gulf of Tehuantepec. Environmental
conditions are forecast to be conducive for gradual development, and
a tropical depression is likely to form late this week or this
weekend while the system moves west-northwestward or northwestward
at 5 to 10 mph. Interests in southern Mexico should monitor the
progress of this system.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...40 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Central portion of the eastern Pacific:
A trough of low pressure located several hundred miles off the coast
of southwestern Mexico continues to produce disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Environmental conditions could support some slow
development through Thursday, but upper-level winds are forecast to
become less conducive for further development by Thursday night or
Friday while the system moves little.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.