ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Wed Aug 14 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A weak area of low pressure located about 1400 miles west-southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to
produce limited showers and thunderstorms. Recent satellite-based
wind data indicates that the circulation of the system is elongated
and poorly defined. Environmental conditions are expected to be
marginally conducive for development for the next couple of days and
a tropical depression could still form before the system reaches
cooler waters and upper-level winds become unfavorable over the
central Pacific. This disturbance is forecast to move
west-northwestward at 10 to 15 mph during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is forecast to form south or southeast of
the southeastern coast of Mexico over the weekend. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development of
the system early next week while it moves generally westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.