ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 PM PDT Fri Jul 5 2019
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Barbara, located a little more than 1700 miles west of the
southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula.
1. A broad area of low pressure located several hundred miles south-
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula is
producing tropical-storm-force winds. While the associated
thunderstorm activity remains disorganized, recent satellite wind
data indicates the circulation of the low is becoming better
defined. If current trends continue, a tropical storm could form
later today or tonight while the system moves west-northwestward at
about 15 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form early next week several
hundred miles south of the southern coast of Mexico. Some gradual
development is possible thereafter while the system moves westward
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
For more information on disturbance south of the Baja California
Peninsula see High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service under AWIPS header NFDHSFEPI, WMO header FZPN02KWBC, and on
the web at ocean.weather.gov/shtml/NFDHSFEPI.php