ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Sun Aug 5 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Hector, located well east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii, and
on Tropical Depression Eleven-E, located a couple of hundred
miles south of Puerto Angel, Mexico.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with an elongated area of low
pressure located about 900 miles southwest of the southern tip of
the Baja California peninsula have changed little in organization
overnight. Environmental conditions appear favorable for
development, and a tropical depression is expected to form within
the next day or two while this system moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. Satellite imagery indicates that showers and thunderstorms
associated with an area of low pressure located about 400 miles
southwest of Acapulco, Mexico, have become a little better
organized overnight. Environmental conditions are expected to
remain conducive for additional development, and a tropical
depression is likely to form later today or tonight while the
system moves west-northwestward off the coast of Mexico.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...90 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...near 100 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ31 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP1.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Eleven-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ21 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP1.