ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Thu Jun 28 2018
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Emilia, located several hundred miles south of the southern
tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A broad area of low pressure has formed several hundred miles to
the south-southeast of Acapulco, Mexico, and the associated shower
and thunderstorm activity is beginning to show some signs of
organization. Environmental conditions are forecast to be conducive
for further development over the next several days, and a tropical
depression is expected to form well south of the coast of Mexico on
Saturday or Sunday.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...60 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent.
2. A tropical wave is forecast to move into the far eastern Pacific by
Saturday. Environmental conditions should support some development
early next week south of Central America and Mexico while the system
moves westward to west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent.