ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Sun Sep 17 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Norma, located south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja
California peninsula, Mexico, and on Hurricane Otis, located more
than 1000 miles west-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja
1. A trough of low pressure located about 1300 miles east-southeast of
the Hawaiian Islands is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this system should be slow
to occur while it remains nearly stationary during the next few
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to form by the end of the week
south of southeastern Mexico. Some subsequent development
is possible as the system moves slowly west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.