ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 PM PDT Mon Sep 11 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Depression Fifteen-E, located several hundred miles south-southwest
of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A trough of low pressure located a couple of hundred miles south of
the southern coast of Mexico continues to produce disorganized
showers and thunderstorms. Environmental conditions are forecast to
be conducive for development, and a tropical depression is likely to
form later this week while the system moves slowly northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred
miles south-southwest of the Baja California peninsula in a day or
two. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for
gradual development after that time while it moves slowly northward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E are issued under
WMO header WTPZ35 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP5.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Depression Fifteen-E are issued
under WMO header WTPZ25 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP5.