ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
1100 AM PDT Sat Aug 12 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Jova, located about 100 miles northwest of Socorro Island.
1. Showers and thunderstorms associated with a surface trough located
a few hundred miles south of Acapulco, Mexico, remain disorganized.
Environmental conditions are forecast to become more conducive for
development in a few days, and a tropical depression could form
sometime next week while the system moves west or west-northwestward
around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of low pressure is expected to develop over the open eastern
North Pacific Ocean in a few days. Although the large-scale
environmental conditions are expected to be generally favorable for
the formation of a tropical cyclone, close proximity to the
disturbance to the east could inhibit significant development.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Jova are issued under WMO header
WTPZ32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Jova are issued under WMO
header WTPZ22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP2.