ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
500 AM PDT Tue Jul 18 2017
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Fernanda located well to the east of Hilo, Hawaii, and on newly
upgraded Tropical Storm Greg located a few hundred miles southwest
of Manzanillo, Mexico.
1. Satellite images indicate that organized showers and thunderstorms
continue in association with a low pressure system located about 800
miles southwest of the southern tip of Baja California. Although
upper-level winds are currently only marginally conducive for
development, only a small increase in the organization of this
system could lead to the formation of a tropical depression at any
time. This disturbance is expected to move slowly westward or
west-southwestward during the next few days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...80 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.
2. Another area of low pressure is expected to form in the eastern
Pacific Ocean south of Mexico late this week. Environmental
conditions appear conducive for some development of the system this
the weekend while it moves westward to west-northwestward at 10 to
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...40 percent.
Public Advisories on Tropical Storm Greg are issued under
WMO header WTPZ32 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP2.
Forecast/Advisories on Tropical Storm Greg are issued under
WMO header WTPZ22 KNHC and under AWIPS header MIATCMEP2.