ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT TUE SEP 6 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Newton, located over the Gulf of California.
1. An area of low pressure located about 1000 miles southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California peninsula continues to produce
disorganized shower activity. Some slow development of this
system is possible during the next couple of days before
environmental conditions become less conducive later this week.
This disturbance is expected to move northward for the next day or
two and then turn northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...30 percent
2. A tropical wave located well south of Acapulco, Mexico, is
producing cloudiness and disorganized showers. A low pressure system
is expected to form from this wave in a couple of days several
hundred miles southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico. Slow development of
this system is possible, and a tropical depression could form over
the weekend while the low moves west-northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent