ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT FRI SEP 2 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
1. A broad area of low pressure has formed several hundred miles
southeast of Acapulco, Mexico, and continues to produce a large
area of showers and thunderstorms. Upper-level winds are expected
to become more conducive for development during the next couple of
days, and a tropical depression is likely to form over the weekend
while the low moves west-northwestward or northwestward near the
coast of Mexico. Interests along the southern and southwestern
coasts of Mexico should monitor the progress of this disturbance.
Locally heavy rain, flash floods and mud slides are likely in these
areas starting later today and continuing through the weekend.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent
2. A weak area of low pressure is located about 1000 miles south-
southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
This system is expected to meander during the next few days,
and any development should be slow to occur due to strong upper-
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent