ZCZC MIATWOEP ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 PM PDT THU AUG 25 2016
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Lester, located several hundred miles south-southwest of the
southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula.
1. Showers and thunderstorms continue to show signs of organization in
association with a broad area of low pressure located about 1550
miles east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for development, and a
tropical depression is likely to form by this weekend while the
low moves westward or west-northwestward at 15 to 20 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...high...70 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...90 percent
2. An area of low pressure could form early next week several hundred
miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja California
peninsula. Some subsequent development of this system is possible
as it moves slowly westward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent