(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT MON SEP 15 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Odile, located over the southern portion of the Baja California
1. Shower and thunderstorm activity has increased a little in
association with a broad area of low pressure located about 500
miles south-southeast of Acapulco, Mexico. Environmental
conditions are expected to be conducive for gradual development,
and this disturbance could become a tropical depression during the
next couple of days while it moves slowly toward the west-northwest
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. A weak area of low pressure located about 1500 miles east-southeast
of the Big Island of Hawaii is producing disorganized showers and
thunderstorms. Development, if any, of this system should be slow
to occur while the low moves generally northwestward during the
next several days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...20 percent.