(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
1100 AM PDT SUN SEP 7 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Norbert, located offshore of the west-central coast of the
Baja California peninsula.
1. Disorganized showers and thunderstorms located several hundred miles
south of the southern coast of Mexico are associated with a trough
of low pressure. Environmental conditions appear conducive for
for gradual development of this system during the next several
days while it moves slowly northwestward.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...20 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...60 percent.
2. An area of disorganized showers and thunderstorms centered about
1100 miles south-southwest of the southern tip of the Baja
California peninsula is associated with a broad area of low
pressure. Development, if any, of this system is expected to be
slow to occur during the next several days while it remains nearly
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.