(mouse over shaded areas for details; click on shaded areas or disturbance numbers to switch views)
Tropical Weather Outlook Text
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK
NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL
500 AM PDT FRI AUG 1 2014
For the eastern North Pacific...east of 140 degrees west longitude:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Iselle, located more than a thousand miles west-southwest of
the southern tip of the Baja California peninsula.
1. A tropical wave is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms
several hundred miles south-southwest of Manzanillo, Mexico.
Environmental conditions are conducive for gradual development of
this system during the next several days while it moves westward at
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...high...70 percent.
2. An area of low pressure located about 1275 miles east-southeast of
the Big Island of Hawaii is producing minimal shower activity.
Upper-level winds are currently not conducive for development, but
they could become a little more favorable in a few days while the
low moves westward at around 10 mph.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...30 percent.
Public Advisories on Iselle are issued under WMO header WTPZ34 KNHC
and under AWIPS header MIATCPEP4. Forecast/Advisories on Iselle are
issued under WMO header WTPZ24 KNHC and under AWIPS header